Welcome to ASLO!
For more than 50 years, ASLO has been a leading professional organization for researchers and educators in the field of aquatic science, working to provide for their needs at all phases of professional development. ASLO is best known for its highly rated research journals, its interdisciplinary meetings and its special symposia. The society supports increasingly important programs in public education and outreach and public policy. It strives to encourage student participation and to increase opportunities for minorities in the aquatic sciences.
ASLO Publication News
- New L&O Issue Posted
- The latest complete issue of Limnology and Oceanography (Vol 58, Issue 1, 2013) is available online. In keeping with ASLO's commitment to open access publishing, Volume 54 (2009) has been moved into open access.
- Limnology and Oceanography: Methods Volume 7 in Free Access
- Volume 7 of Limnology and Oceanography: Methods (2009) has been moved into Free Access Publication, and Limnology and Oceanography Volume 54 (2009) will soon follow. Both L&O and L&O: Methods keep only the last three years "locked" for subscribers only. Authors may opt to place their articles into open access immediately for a small fee, much lower than the fees typically charged by research journals. It's all part of ASLO's commitment to open access publishing!
- New L&O Bulletin Issue Posted
- The latest issue of the Limnology and Oceanography Bulletin (Vol 21, Issue 4, 2012) is available online. Vol 20, Issue 4, 2011 has been moved into Free Access Publication.
- New L&O e-Lecture Published
- The latest in ASLO's series of electronic lectures is Ocean acidification, the other CO2 problem, by Richard Feely (NOAA/PMEL) and Scott Doney (WHOI). The complete e-Lecture is available at no cost to ASLO members. For a preview of the lecture or to learn more, click here.